Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

This was yet another charity event and my friend stefanie invited me to join her. It was to benefit the northwestern neurology department and specifically brain cancers. Since cancer has had such a profound effect on my life (unfortunately), I try to do what I can to support such research. Two of my neighbors growing up died of brain cancer – which is a little scary thinking that the houses were literally across the street from each other… what, is something scary in the water?! Anyways…

Stefanie invited me to the event with the mission of introducing me to this guy she had met once through a guy who she dated and is now friends with. Meet a guy? Sure, why not. You never know! She said he was smart, tall, and cute… which was all I needed to know. This event took place at a new bar called district. It was a really nice bar considering it is technically a sports bar! Stef and I got there and met some of her friends and wandered around and then her friend and the guy she wanted to introduce me to walked in. hmm… this could be interesting I thought since he was definitely tall and definitely good looking…totally my type. So we were introduced and talked a bit, but there were more people to meet and more for him to talk to, but every time he walked away he would tell me he’d be back…

I began to wonder what the heck his friend had told him and if he felt an obligation to entertain or talk to me. That’s how attentive he was which I thought was super sweet, but I didn’t want to be an obligation! So I asked stef what she had told his friend and basically all she told him was there was a girl she had wanted to introduce to his friend. She never even told him my name so it had been casual and he was doing all these things on his own!

Towards the end of the event, stef and I were hungry and we decided to get some dinner there. I let him know that we were heading over to the tables in the bar area to eat so he wouldn’t think I just left. We sat and stef left to use the restroom – he came over and goes “so, do you have a number?” to which I smiled and he quickly corrected himself “I mean, can I have your number?”. He didn’t have his phone with him, so I wrote it down for him and he gave me his card writing his cell on it. I didn’t want to get too excited since, really… is he really going to call? He did… but he made me wait until that monday! He called while I was flying home and so I wasn’t able to call him back until Tuesday. This is when we talked for a bit and I told him I’d be back at some point the following tues and so he said he’d call me on wed when I was home and we’d make plans to go out and he was looking forward to it…

2 comments:

Sarah said...

nice!

devon lorraine ... said...

woah, can't read all this! glad i got the live version from you over bagels yesterday instead!