Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Samuel J.

Here's an update on Samuel J... he's truly such a good boy... I'm not sure how he came to really be in my life, but I am so glad he is here. When I went looking for buddy #2, I needed a guy who was older, mellow, loving, snuggley, and would get along with Otis. I was hoping that Otis would act a bit younger and have someone to hang out with since I was gone so much to Houston.
 
I am thrilled to report that Sam has fit perfectly in to this little family and couldn't be a better addition. He is so mellow... he never ever has nipped at me or scratched me... he just laid on the couch and barely batted an eyelash when I cut his nails... he never hisses... and he just loves to be close by and snuggle. While Leslie was here, she nicknamed him scrappy Sam and I love that! He is my scrappy Sam - he has beat up ears and a large scar on his shoulder... and he was a street kitty for who knows how long.... Otis is now my posh, pampered kitty who has never known the streets. He does occasionally nip at me...when he's tired of my petting him... but it's not mean... it's just a 'stop it' warning... anyways... Scrappy Sam and Pampered Otis...

Sammy loves to sleep in my lap while we watch crappy tv!

I woke up in the middle of the night awhile ago, and these two looked just like this... and I found it ridiculously cute and sweet... minus Otis' back paw kicking Sam's head, but he doesn't seem to mind...

Another angle of these cuddlers... they don't cuddle often, but on occasion you can find them this close.

They totally pick up each other's behaviors. It's too funny... you know the term copy cat?! Yeah, I've totally witnessed that... here, they are both sitting the exact same way.


Otis has been teaching Sammy how great the bathtub is. Otis likes his water from the faucet, Sam likes his just on the ground.

More hanging out on the couch. He loves to be close... and I'm pretty sure he knows how lucky he is to have a good home... he looks at me with such a love in his eyes... I can't really explain, but you can just see it on his face. And he just is always close by. He's quite needy, and I love that.

Hi Sammy! Love your green eyes. and white mittens. He's so purdy... 

As awesome as Sammy J is, I have to admit he's got some rotten habits too... He isn't perfect... what guy is?! Anyways, he has a penchant for human food. Especially cheese and milk. He can be quite aggressive and annoying when I'm eating a snack or cereal... and definitely don't set it down and turn your back... he'll eat it... I caught him licking my pb&j a while ago... and he will definitely stick his face in any food you set down on the coffee table to see if he might be interested in it... and he usually is. So watch your food! I attribute this to his homeless days when he had no idea where his next meal might come from... and in terms of obnoxious behaviors, this is way low on this list... I've yet to see a hairball, pee outside the box, spraying, ripping up anything, scratching stuff that he shouldn't, or any other naughty behavior... like I said, such a good, grateful boy!


No comments: